Full Moon Paddle
Age Level: 12+
Fitness Level: Able to paddle at a moderate pace for 45 minutes, able to swim at least 10 yards cross-current unassisted
Skill Level: Intermediate - previous tour kayaking experience or an Adventure East Skills Clinic completion is required
Enjoy an evening paddle along the Connecticut River bathed in the light of the stars and the full moon as we make our way from Sunderland to the Hatfield Boat Ramp.
This 6 - mile excursion is already quite gorgeous, but paddling under the stars at night makes this experience even more special. There's nothing quite like the sights and sounds of the Connecticut River on a warm summer night, lit by the moon and surrounded by the sounds of nocturnal wildlife. Though our boats will be outfitted with colorful, LED lights, we will have several "lights out" periods where we can really take in and enjoy the crisp moonlight.
While this paddle is typically considered to be Beginner-friendly, the evening does make it a bit more challenging; we ask that you have previous tour kayaking experience if you'd like to join us for this unique opportunity to paddle underneath one of the beautiful, summer full moons this year.
- Kayak and paddle
- PFD appropriate to water conditions and your needs
- A snack and water/beverages
- Dry storage for small personal items
- AE will shuttle you and all boats from our base in Sunderland
- A unique evening paddling experience!
What to bring:
- Clothing for paddling and dry clothing - consider an extra layer for warmth as temperatures may dip into the 40s
- Footwear for paddling and dry land footwear
- Windbreaker or rain jacket
- Flashlight - however, we encourage you to largely rely on the brilliance of the moonlight
- Thermos with your favorite hot/warm beverage (non-alcoholic)
Meeting point: Adventure East Base